Camco Technologies is the global leader in container terminal automation solutions. We develop AI image recognition as well as location technology based solutions for the automated registration of shipping containers in all major ports. Hardware and software are designed and developed at the Camco headquarters in Haasrode (Leuven). With numerous container transfer points at the container terminal gates, in the terminal yard or at the quay cranes, keeping track of container and truck flow is essential for terminal operations organization. The Camco hardware and software systems capture and process all container data throughout the shipping process feeding the terminal operating system.
Our image recognition technology makes use of high-end dynamic camera systems with embedded AI software identifying container data-strings as well as container features. Our real time location technology is based on GDPS, UWB and RFID technology. Hardware design, AI engineering, product as well cloud-based portal software are developed at our technology competence center in Leuven. Our next step is the development of container terminal digital twins. Camco Technologies is the global market leader, with a track record of +250 container terminals across the globe.
We embrace the digitization of the container terminal industry. Our product and software pipe-line requires talents in different fields. From AI and deep learning engineers, to software development engineers or engineers in embedded systems and cyber security. Join us if you want to develop software for complex technical solutions within an industrial context, build applications for visualizing and integrating data/images from industrial processes, develop real-time virtual 3D terminals or digital twins. Join us if you want to be part of a team empowering each other making the impossible possible. Develop your talents and skills in a high-pace and very exiting industry. Come and see us. We are looking forward meeting you soon.
Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Distribution, Logistics & Transportation
We are offering a challenging job in a high-tech company and global leader offering great opportunities to further develop your skills. You will be part of a team of 30+ passionate and experienced software developers, who advocate open communication and participation.
An internal position at our office head quarters in Heverlee (Leuven).
Permanent contract with competitive salary, flexible hours, company car according to car policy, group insurance and per diem allowance for travel days.
A company that encourages initiative and entrepreneurship, and committed to job satisfaction and happiness at work.
Join us if you want to develop software for complex technical solutions within an industrial context, build applications for visualizing and integrating data/images from industrial processes, develop real-time virtual 3D terminals or digital twins.
- You develop software for automation projects within an industrial context, in popular languages such as C# and TypeScript (Angular).
- You build full-stack applications covering back-end automation and visualization of data/images to the end-user.
- You translate the customer’s wishes into powerful customized applications.
- You travel to our customers worldwide for integration testing and go-live. Camco is active worldwide in locations ranging from Rotterdam to Sydney.
- You hold a master degree in ICT or Computer Science.
- You have a basic understanding of C# or a similar OO language.
- You are familiar with TypeScript and at least one front-end TS/JS based framework (Angular, AngularJS, React, Vue, …).
- Proficient understanding of web markup languages, including HTML5, CSS3.
- You are flexible with respect to programming languages.
- You love complex challenges and strive for user-friendly solutions.
- You speak Dutch and English. Knowledge of French, German, Mandarin or Spanish are a plus.
- You are eager to learn and follow the latest evolutions in software technology.
- You work in a result-oriented environment.
- You love working in team and on projects.
- Abstract and analytical mind, committed, focused, problem-solver, eager to learn, open minded, punctual.