After successfully achieving an ambitious four-year plan to double revenues to EUR 5 billion by 2020, Eurofins is now on a mission to achieve Operational Excellence in all of its businesses. The Permanent Improvement Programmes (PIP), reporting to the Chief Operating Officer – Food and Environment, is an instrumental part of this mission, as the internal consulting team of the Group, based in the Brussels global headquarters. Our team defines, governs and implements transformative and strategic projects to ensure harmonisation, standardisation and optimisation of relevant Eurofins laboratories and supporting operations.
The Junior Project Manager – Operations Transformation and Key Group Projects supports or owns projects that deliver final end-products. They support the team to deliver other projects showing interdependencies with their assignment.
The Junior Project Manager – Operations Transformation and Key Group Projects supports, takes part in, or manages projects to support the delivery of the key objectives of the Internal Consulting team:
Development of methodologies and standards in operational performance, financial transparency, and cost management
Definition, alignment and standardisation of key concepts and processes at Eurofins
Definition, development and implementation of standard laboratories and processes for specific applications
The actual assignment(s) are depending on priorities set by the group management, available resources and skillsets of participants and can therefore change over time. The internal consulting team is frequently assigned to top priority projects, such as during the IT ransomware attack or the setup of the Eurofins COVID-19 response.
Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering
Biomedical & Pharmaceutical
The Permanent Improvement Programmes are led by a diverse and international team working closely with upper management. This is a great position to get your foot in the door of a dynamic company, where entrepreneurship is valued and internal mobility is possible around the world.
What we offer:
- Involvement in strategic projects for Eurofins & exposure to group leaders;
- Integration in a fast-growing international company with a dynamic working environment and a good team spirit, where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- Extensive on-the-job coaching & training with clear areas of responsibility;
- An attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits.
Life at Eurofins is a meritocracy, where people are empowered to make decisions and are rewarded for their success. We encourage independent thinkers who challenge the status quo and never accept the market’s or the company’s “usual way of doing things”.
Young graduates with up to 2 years in business consulting, internal consulting or operational business improvement / reengineering roles with project management experience.
Scientific or business degree from Top University. Excellent student track record. Life Science and Chemistry Scientific degrees (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology) or profiles mixing science and business are a plus.
Excellent oral and written English is a must. Other languages are highly appreciated.
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g. oral and written communication, presentation skills) as this role will interface significantly with operations and experts to carry out our projects.
- Curious, ambitious and a team player.
- Strong problem-solver with "can-do" mentality, able to both pragmatically define solutions and capture and understand all relevant details when necessary.
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to draw up quantitative and qualitative analyses from large datasets.
- Proven ability to independently set-up, manage and drive a clearly defined project.
Technical knowledge IT:
MS Office products; Access DB, Power BI, SLQ knowledge are a plus.