It is the intention to have a Process Engineer, located in Zwijndrecht.
Working as part of a highly focused and driven team of engineers, the projects will be oriented around process & productivity improvement, process controls automation and disruptive technologies.
You will work on our Factory of the Future and help us in the transformation of how we operate our assets, to further improve safety, quality, and productivity. To achieve this mission, you will:
• Build deep knowledge and understanding of a scope of manufacturing processes grouped by value stream
• Provide technical and hands-on support to prevent or resolve production issues.
• Lead equipment and process automation projects to increase productivity.
• Design and implement fully automated processes, robot or AI assisted processes and virtual or augmented reality tools to drive safety, quality and productivity across our wide range of production and supporting operations.
• Support reliability and predictive programs to predict health of process equipment before failure or product issue.
• Use technology, big data and data-analytics tools across the space of customer, supplier and manufacturing to create valuable information and support decision making to optimize end-to-end Value Streams.
To be effective in this role, you will need to develop the skills to become a high performing engineer and 3M will support you in doing so. You’ll become knowledgeable about our developing technologies, the quality systems that surround our manufacturing processes and learn to work with people at all levels of the organization - from the machine operators to the senior managers. You’ll be trained in Lean Six Sigma methods and tools, and will use these to analyze and improve the processes in your area of responsibility –if there isn’t data to analyze; you will have the autonomy to explore how to generate this vital data.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifies, recommends, and implements programs in manufacturing area of responsibility to improve:
(1) product cost, service, and quality, and (2) process safety and health/environmental impact.
• Daily follow-up and technical assistance to the (chemical) production.
• You will use the Lean Six Sigma methodology to monitor and improve the manufacturing processes.
• You will take the lead in coordinating continuous improvement projects (of processes and installations) by means of proper project management.
Are you interested?
If you want to apply, please search for R01078269 and apply.
Competitive salary and (extra) benefits package
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with the following competencies:
• You have a Master in Engineering Sciences or Bio-Engineering Sciences with a strong knowledge and interest in manufacturing technology and computer sciences. Good knowledge of chemical and process techniques is a plus.
• Strong knowledge or willingness to learn statistics and data-analytics techniques is a must.
• Basic knowledge of safety and environmental techniques and strong interest in process automation is a plus.
• You are a result-oriented, creative, pro-active, flexible and an independent worker with strong communication skills.
• You are fluent in Dutch and English.
• You enjoy working together in virtual and cross functional teams in a company that supports diversity and inclusion.