JAVA Software Engineer
For the further build of our platform we are looking for a JAVA software engineer. You develop the core of our software platform and help to keep it up and running. You are keen to learn new stuff and like breaking things.
A day at Skryv Your workday starts at home, our office near Brussels Central Station or at the client’s office. You open your laptop, check in to say hello and start coding. Fan of vi, IntelliJ or Sublime? You pick whatever tooling that allows you to take up any of the following roles:
- (Co-)Develop the core of our software platform (Node, Angular, JAVA, Vue.js, …).
- Participate in DevOps by keeping our platform up and running in optimal condition. You do this through proactive monitoring and improving.
- Support our teams at the customer side with customisations, configuration changes, dev questions, troubleshooting, …
We want you (and all of us) to become the best in what we do. So you’ll get:
- Flexibility to organise your work to your own preferences (as said, flexibility works both ways!
- The choice to work where you prefer: 2 days a week we are physically together, the other days you are free to work from home, from the office or from any location that suits your day
- The freedom to choose your tools (OS, IDE, …)
- A learning path that will make you a top-notch SaaS software engineer. You learn from your colleagues and we organise regular workshops and training, for technical skills as well as soft skills, such as communication and teamwork.
- A sports budget, a mobility budget (you choose how you move around), health insurance, a group insurance and we cover for your work-related expenses.
Do you recognise yourself? We want you to fit in with the team. Do not worry if you cannot tick all of the boxes yet, we are not perfect either.
- You have a bachelor or master in IT, engineering or equivalent practical experience. You have a broad technical interest and are keen to learn new stuff.
- You are comfortable building and using RESTful APIs.
- You deliver high-quality, maintainable code that flows through our continuous integration and deployment cycle.
- You are able to split large problems into smaller parts and share your solutions with the team
- Whatever you do, you keep the customer in mind.
- You are a good communicator, both in English and Dutch.
- You have the guts to work at a dynamic scale-up. This means that you are self-driven and you like to work in a quickly changing environment.