Automotive Application Engineer (for autonomous car technology)
XenomatiX is located in the Research park of Leuven (Haasrode). We have developed a technology that deserves its place in the car of the future. Under any lightening and weather condition, our laser based systems observe the road and the environment with high precision and resolution. This will increase comfort and safety. In combination with a (semi-)active suspension, our sensors turn cars into flying carpets, neutralizing potholes and bumps. Detection of (dangerous) objects and other traffic participants will allow cars to navigate autonomously. We have a strong focus on results. We have a well-defined strategic plan and need talented colleagues to be part of it. You will become member of a team of driven, no-nonsense professionals with a strong ambition to bring new optical technology into mass production cars.
As an Automotive Application Engineer, you act as a liaison between customers and the product development team. You will be validating, demonstrating and implementing the next generation of Lidar-based products for autonomous driving. You will present our products to car manufacturers and their supply chain worldwide. You will respond to customer feedback and questions and ensure customer satisfaction throughout project implementation. You will work together with the hardware, software and sales team on further strengthening XenomatiX’ world-class technology.
Job satisfaction, the knowledge that you’re making the difference, the celebration of successes, the visibility of your contribution to the company’s business. Since we expect the company to grow strongly in the years to come, you will have the chance to play different roles, grow and learn. Most likely, your job(s) at XenomatiX will remain interesting for a very long time. And of course we offer a market conform salary, in line with your expertise.
• You have a technical university degree, preferably in physics or applied sciences
• You possess excellent verbal and written communication abilities (English and Dutch or French) and strong presentation skills
• You are customer focused and like to build relationships with a global customer base
• You are able to manage different projects at the same time
• You live at reasonable (driving) distance from Leuven
• You are willing to travel (up to 30% of the time)
• You can work in an independent way, while having the spirit of a team player
• You are familiar with Matlab
• You are passionate about your professional career and your technical skills
• Relevant experience, e.g. as a member of a product development team, in a pre-sales or test engineer role, is a plus
• Experience with automotive, optics or related technology is a plus