Engineers for our Technical Talent Program
Do you want to be part of a dedicated job rotation and development program where you can work on technical projects in different areas? We at Aperam Genk offer you the opportunity to join a team of young and creative engineers transforming traditional industry by developing highly innovative business solutions in our circular economy.
With the objective to maintain our leading position in the market and to invest in technical competences for the future, we are recruiting highly talented young graduate engineers to participate in a dedicated Technical Talent program at the level of the site of Aperam Genk, sponsored by the site management and supported by technical mentoring.
Have you (almost) graduated as a master in a technical degree? As a young graduate engineer TTP you will dive into projects at our most innovative departments, from our process equipment in Production departments Steel plant and Cold Rolling Mill to do projects on new investments, automation missions, projects in Supply Chain and Continuous Improvement. You will be involved in the development and optimization of plant components, processes in steel production and their further processing with regard to quality, costs and delivery performance.
You will start with a permanent contract and will be immersed in an onboarding program for 1 to 2 months, where you will get to know our organization, our products, our customers, our production facilities, our people and values. You will be thoroughly informed and acquainted with all possible activities for engineers at Aperam Genk. From maintenance & reliability engineer or project engineer to operations engineer or quality engineer or automation engineer: each specialization has its innovative projects with which we really make a difference. Together we will map out your journey within a specific domain, taking into account your educational background and interests.
During the TTP you will have the opportunity to participate in 2 of these innovative projects, ranging from the expansion and optimization of production machines, to the study and realization of technical safety improvements, automation projects and robotisation, energy savings, building technology or electrical installations, to study projects on quality, statistical monitoring... .
And best of all? You can count on a lot of freedom throughout your TTP, supported with the necessary technical mentoring and coaching, following a guided learning path on both technologies and processes. You build a network within the entire Aperam Group and at the end of your TTP (2 years) we will decide together with you in which department you will start on a more permanent basis.
Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Unique insights – In 2 years you will get to know our most innovative activities and you will get a unique picture of our company, our mission and our vision for the future. Broad network – You get to know subject specialists from all corners of Aperam, a social and knowledge-enriching network Permanent contract – You start your TTP with a permanent contract and are therefore certain of the next step after your first years with us. Attractive salary package – In addition to a competitive salary, you receive fringe benefits such as group insurance, meal vouchers, company car...
- You have a master's degree in civil or industrial engineering. You will graduate in the academic year 2021 – 2022, have just graduated or have a maximum of 2 years of work experience.
- You have a master's in electro-mechanics, electronics, mechatronics, mechanics, material science, chemistry, statistics, mathematical, computer science, architecture, civil engineering.
- You have analytical skills - You can easily keep an overview and can break a project or situation into different aspects.
- You are a problem-solver - You focus on finding the fastest, most efficient solution.
- You are motivated, driven and enthusiastic.
- You like challenges.
- You are flexible.
- You are driven by creativity and innovation and you are eager to learn and share.
- You are a strong team player.
- You strive to make things better.
- You are ready to work in a heavy industrial environment but eager to apply modern analytical and problem solving techniques
- You are a good communicator.
- You can speak English and Dutch (or are willing to learn). Knowledge of French is a plus.