Front-End Application Developer
Camco Technologies is the global leader in container terminal automation solutions. We develop AI image recognition as well as location technology based solutions for the automated registration of shipping containers in all major ports. Hardware and software are designed and developed at the Camco headquarters in Haasrode (Leuven). With numerous container transfer points at the container terminal gates, in the terminal yard or at the quay cranes, keeping track of container and truck flow is essential for terminal operations organization. The Camco hardware and software systems capture and process all container data throughout the shipping process feeding the terminal operating system.
Our image recognition technology makes use of high-end dynamic camera systems with embedded AI software identifying container data-strings as well as container features. Our real time location technology is based on GDPS, UWB and RFID technology. Hardware design, AI engineering, product as well cloud-based portal software are developed at our technology competence center in Leuven. Our next step is the development of container terminal digital twins. Camco Technologies is the global market leader, with a track record of +250 container terminals across the globe.
We embrace the digitization of the container terminal industry. Our product and software pipe-line requires talents in different fields. From AI and deep learning engineers, to software development engineers or engineers in embedded systems and cyber security. Join us if you want to develop software for complex technical solutions within an industrial context, build applications for visualizing and integrating data/images from industrial processes, develop real-time virtual 3D terminals or digital twins. Join us if you want to be part of a team empowering each other making the impossible possible. Develop your talents and skills in a high-pace and very exiting industry. Come and see us. We are looking forward meeting you soon.
Computer Science Engineering
Distribution, Logistics & Transportation
We are offering a challenging job in a high-tech company and global leader offering great opportunities to further develop your skills. You will be part of a team of 30+ passionate and experienced software developers, who advocate open communication and participation.
An internal position at our office head quarters in Heverlee (Leuven). Permanent contract with competitive salary, flexible hours, company car according to car policy, group insurance and per diem allowance for travel days.
A company that encourages initiative and entrepreneurship, and committed to job satisfaction and happiness at work.
Join us if you want to develop software for complex technical solutions within an industrial context, build applications for visualizing and integrating data/images from industrial processes, develop real-time virtual 3D terminals or digital twins
- You develop software for complex technical solutions within an industrial context.
- You build applications for visualizing and integrating data/images from industrial processes.
- You translate the customer’s requirements into powerful customized applications.
- You program mainly in Typescript and C# but are flexible with respect to programming languages.
- You are familiar with developing applications using a project approach. You make sure that the work you deliver is conform to the highest quality standards. Minimal requirements:
- Professional experience with typescript and at least one front-end ts/js based framework (Angular, AngularJS, React, Vue, …).
- Good understanding of Angular (7+) framework.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- You are not afraid to take on complex challenges and strive to deliver excellent and user-friendly solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and good knowledge of English.
- You work in a result-oriented environment, where you always try to look for improvements.
- You know how to prioritize, are good at planning your work, and like to accomplish milestones.
- You love working in team and working on projects.
- Your key skills are: abstract and analytical mind, result-driven, open minded, persevering, committed, customer-focused, problem-solver, eager to learn, punctual
Considered a plus
- Experience with Frontend testing frameworks (Protractor, Jasmine, Postman, …)
- Experience with ASP.NET Core / C# and SignalR
- Experience with NativeScript development
- Experience with UI libraries such as Materialize css, bootstrap, d3.js, …