🤖 The Job
Have a passion for data? A career in AI sounds like your dream? Then we have the job for you! This position is open for young graduates, but also for experienced developers who wish to take the leap to a career in AI! What’s crucial to us is your passion for data as well as personal and professional development. We'll take care of the rest! During a 2-month training period (Start date: Quarter 1 2022) we will form you into a data engineer with a strong foundation in the field. You will excel in building digital data-driven solutions and infrastructure and become an architectural genius that effortlessly designs, develops and deploys infrastructure and data pipelines.
We are a scale-up from Leuven (with co-working locations in Brussels, Charleroi and Ghent (2022)) that researches, designs and codes robust AI-solutions & platforms for various sectors. Our dedicated in-house team of data-specialists uses a pragmatic best-tool-for-the-job approach to optimise our clients' processes and decision making. With a strong focus on DataOps and MLOps we firmly believe in robust and production-ready solutions being an essential part to our work. The result? Our team provides clients a reliable foundation to make data-driven decisions.
More information about our Rootsacademy? 👉 https://dataroots.io/careers/rootsacademy
🎉 What you can expect at dataroots?
Ready to roll into your next adventure? Let’s meet! At dataroots, we have prepared a 2-month training program that gives you a strong foundation to start your career as a Data Engineer (Start date: Quarter 1 2022). During these months you will be introduced to the world of AI, cloud, data, infraops and robust software design. After this period, you will continue to develop towards becoming an expert data engineer.
Our offices are the ideal workplace for people with a knack for innovation. Our languages? Python, Scala and HCL. What we speak when we're not coding? English, because, with colleagues from Mexico or France, you'll enter an inspiring and internationally focused team.
Computer Science Engineering
💰 The Offer
- An attractive salary package including benefits like a company car, phone and laptop.
- Guidance by our experienced Data Engineers and other experts.
- A training trajectory & budget focused on advancing your professional career.
- Training and seminars with your team and external experts to further sharpen your technical skill set.
- We let off steam during our fries & beers and monthly [email protected] events #workhardplayhard.
- Your own innovation budget to work on cool, educational, challenging and/or opensource projects with others within your guild.
🇧🇪 Our main office is located in Leuven, with co-working spaces in Brussels, Charleroi and Ghent (2022). These locations are always available for brainstorm sessions or team events. As a dataroots consultant, you will occasionally be doing on-site visits at our clients. However, most of our work is done remotely. At dataroots, we are actively adapting to this new way of working. ✌️
💪 The Skills
- You are strongly motivated to become an excellent Data Engineer.
- You have a background in IT development and are at least fluent in one programming language, preferably Python.
- You have a strong passion for data-driven technologies and interesting design challenges.
- You have a knack for picking up on new technologies and frameworks.
- You ideally have knowledge of English and Dutch, knowledge of French is a plus
😄 Nice to haves
- You know that Kubernetes, Terraform and CI/CD aren't Star Wars characters.
- You have heard of tools like Apache Spark, Beam and/or Kafka.
- You have a first experience with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure.
Don't worry, we don't expect you to tick every box from the beginning. Most of all: we are looking for colleagues with the same passion for data as well as personal and professional development.