Currently we are looking for a Sr. Materials Development Engineer to reinforce the 3D Systems’ R&D team in Leuven. As a senior materials development engineer, you will strengthen the R&D team by innovating our materials for the Direct Metal Printing (DMP) technology. As an interdisciplinary engineer with a strong interest in metallurgy and the DMP process, you will interact with both hardware and software developers as well as the application engineers. As a sr. materials development engineer, you will coordinate and execute challenging projects that will bring our materials portfolio to a next level. You will lead more junior team members and build strong links with other 3DS divisions.
• Very good understanding of DMP process and metal materials.
• Developing of new materials: Expand the current material portfolio for DMP printers and innovate the process control to improve quality and productivity.
• Hands-on testing: Expert level of the relevant DMP equipment, software and lab test equipment and work towards independent design and conduct of tests. Training and supervision of more junior team members.
• Project management and commercialization activities: coordinate technical projects and support in commercialization activities by providing technical information to other divisions within the company (service engineering, marketing, …). Supervise more junior team members within relevant projects.
• Troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis.
• Master’s degree in Materials Engineering or related sciences or equivalent by experience
• Basic user of Microsoft office applications and good knowledge of statistics
• Fluent in English, spoken and written; Knowledge of Dutch is a plus
• Team player, clear and respectful communication
• Accurate execution of tasks, critical assessment, and timely reporting of results
• Flexible, creative, eager to learn, and problem solving mindset
• Minimum 4 years’ work experience in a materials’ and/or production process’ R&D environment is required
• A challenging job in a young and dynamic team
• A competitive salary and additional non-statutory benefits
• Career opportunities in a global company with exponential growth