Currently we are looking for a Jr. Materials Development Engineer to reinforce the 3D Systems’ R&D team in Leuven. As a junior materials development engineer, you will strengthen the R&D team by studying and developing new materials for the Direct Metal Printing (DMP) technology. As an interdisciplinary engineer with a strong interest in metallurgy and the DMP process, you will interact with both hardware and software developers as well as the application engineers. As a jr. materials development engineer, you will execute independently short-term projects and/or support more experienced team members in more challenging projects. High motivation, an authentic care for each other and a cool technology is what you will find in our company!
• Understanding of DMP process and metal materials: Optimize the DMP process and materials through understanding of impact of the key parameters that on the quality of printed parts.
• Developing of new materials: Expand the current material portfolio for DMP printers through literature study, DOE test campaigns and proper evaluation through statistical tools.
• Hands-on testing: Familiarize with the relevant DMP equipment, software and lab test equipment needed for the assigned projects and work towards independent design and conduct of tests.
• Project management and commercialization activities: coordinate or support in the technical project managements tasks and support in commercialization activities by providing technical information to other divisions within the company (service engineering, marketing, …)
• Troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis.
• A challenging job in a young and dynamic team
• A competitive salary and additional non-statutory benefits
• Career opportunities in a global company with exponential growth
• Bachelor or Master degree in Materials Engineering or related sciences or equivalent by experience
• Basic user of Microsoft office applications and basic knowledge of statistics
• Fluent in English, spoken and written; Knowledge of Dutch is a plus
• Team player, clear and respectful communication
• Accurate execution of tasks, critical assessment, and timely reporting of results
• Flexible, creative, and eager to learn
• Problem solving mindset
• No work experience required