At EY, we understand what it’s like to make pioneering sustainability commitments and to support them with real change. Protecting the planet is core to our purpose of building a better working world, and we’ve announced plans to reduce total emissions by 40% and achieve net zero in 2025. Now we're helping organizations across the financial services industry to define and deliver their sustainability goals so they create more value, make a measurable difference and accelerate the transition to a fair and sustainable future.
EY Technology Consulting teams are contributing to this ambition by applying the power of technology, data and innovation to achieve these sustainable transformations.
About the internship opportunity
Digital technology is a true enabler of sustainability — but its energy consumption footprint is vast. During this internship, you will work closely with consultants from the Technology & Innovation practice in order to assess the environmental footprint of organization’s information system (digital channels, network, hosting).
This will encompass the following:
- Investigation on client needs and offering related to environmental impact measurement. Benchmark different players in financial sector.
- Market study to identify and evaluate existing tools / solutions to measure / calculate environmental impact (primarily open-source, potentially commercial). Understand underlying methodologies.
- Contribution to our own asset development: develop scripts that aggregates output of these tools and provides some insights in a Power-BI dashboard.
- Collaboration in defining the sustainability trajectory of the IS: identifying and prioritising impact reduction levers, setting up governance and KPIs.
- Identification of customer opportunities and contribution to sales proposals and go-to-market strategy on digital responsibility.
Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Mathematical Engineering
What's in it for you?
- You will join a team of passionate experts who deploy cutting-edge technologies and manage transformation programs, within a leading, global professional services firm.
- You will join a growing Technology & Innovation practice, moved with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You will receive coaching and guidance, both on technical matters and soft skills and project management, and access to state of the art technologies.
- You will learn on the job from more experienced professionals in our team.
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of over 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Consulting, Tax, Strategy and Assurance.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.
Who are we looking for?
- You are on-track for a master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related fields.
- You have a good experience in IT development (Java, C#, C++, PHP, Python, etc.) on various environments such as Java, .Net, Web (HTML 5, CSS3, JS,...), iOS, Android, with various databases such as Oracle, JDBC, MySQL, etc…
- You have experience as a contributor to open source projects; contributor to GitHub and/or Stack overflow.
- You are sensitive and motivated to explore further the field of software eco-design, looking to optimise code, limit resource-consuming functionalities or offer alternatives to users who are keen to see more and more new features.
- You are familiar with cloud-based and DevOps technologies and tools (CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes).
- You have strong communication and presentation skills and can’t wait to take full ownership of this project.
- You are fluent in French or Dutch, with excellent business English.